[OSGeo-Discuss] Should we write a FOSS4G Cookbook?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:22:19 PDT 2012

Jeff,
I think Stephen summarises the intent of the cookbook well as a guide
rather than a mandate.
I see it also as a way to expand what you have been doing individually
(collecting collective knowledge) into a self help which is not limited
by the time constraints of one person. Initially when there was only 1
foss4g event per year it was possible for one person to be the core
driver, but we now have scores of events per year.

Bob,
I'd anticipate there being subheading in the Cookbook for using the
LiveDVD at FOSS4G events.