[OSGeo-Discuss] Supporting Standards

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Thu Sep 6 17:49:50 PDT 2012

[added standards mailing list back to the distribution list]

Quoting all of item 4, to put Stefano's quote in context:

	"Standards specifications are made accessible to all for implementation
	and deployment. Affirming standards organizations have defined
	procedures to develop specifications that can be implemented under
	fair terms. Given market diversity, fair terms may vary from royalty-free
	to fair, reasonable, and non-discriminatory terms (FRAND)."

I'm pretty pragmatic about this stuff, so I see this as a perfectly reasonable position for an organization to take.

-mpg