[OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeo-Conf] Should we write a FOSS4G Cookbook?

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 03:42:38 PDT 2012

Hi there,

Originaly, I was thinking, there is no need for such material. But thinking
about the process, we have been through for about two times (writing a
proposal, calculating budget, ...) and what we had to do for and during
FOSS4G-CEE, i would say, it would be nice to have. We have tried to pick up
all possible lessons learned from various FOSS4G events,.but it was a hard
job.

So, I'm all for to start something, possibly in the wiki form. It schould
probably cover organization of big FOSS4G down to small scale events (e.g.
code sprints).

There should be someone coordinating this acticity and if no one more
experienced would like to do that, I think, i could pick this tasķ.

Jachym

--

Jáchym Čepický
homepage: http://les-ejk.cz