[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham update

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 06:34:58 PDT 2012

Hi all,

 The local organising group of FOSS4G 2013 met in Nottingham yesterday
for our first face-to-face meeting. This was after a successful and
enjoyable OSGIS UK conference.

 One of my jobs is now to keep a semi-regular update to the OSGeo
mailing lists. You'll probably get all this info if you follow our
various twitter streams, blogs, and RSS feeds, so this is for the
mailing list fans.

 We spent the day going through assorted requirements including: venue
liaison; making sure we get enough internet; firming up timetables;
making sure we get enough internet; setting milestones; making sure we
get enough internet; discussing high-level themes; making sure we
get... you get the picture. We will have enough internet, and a great
conference.

 Edited minutes and more details will appear on the OSgeo wiki
shortly: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013

 Lots of exciting developments which I can't talk about yet - but
maybe in a few weeks!

On behalf of the Local Organising Committee,

     Barry