[OSGeo-Discuss] Sol Katz Award Nomination procedure (was Nomination for Venkatesh Raghavan)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Sep 18 08:23:29 PDT 2012

Hi Bart,

The process can change each year, but last year each member of the
Selection Committee ranked their top two choices, and the person with
the most first place votes won.

Selection committee members have always been allowed to nominate.

Looking back at old selection committee emails/discussions now, it seems
last year I made a mistake also (I compiled all nominations on a wiki
page - I got a strong wrist slap by all other selection committee members).

-jeff