[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G Buenos Aires 2013

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Apr 28 05:32:03 PDT 2013

Great reports from Adrian and Carlos.

Overall a really awesome event.  Roughly 200 attendees, and most
attended the workshops.  Think back to the days of early FOSS4G, and the
passion, the sharing, and the relationships forming.  The vision of
Mauricio (chair) and the whole local committee was exactly what FOSS4G
is all about.

There's already some talk of next year's options for an event.
Wonderful news.

And I won't miss it.

-jeff

PS.  I propose that Mauri be added right away to the OSGeo Conference
Committee, so when he recovers, he can share his vision with everyone.