[OSGeo-Discuss] Welcome to the new OSGeo Charter Members!

Michael Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Thu Aug 1 17:20:00 PDT 2013

In the past, we have heard snarky comments about OSGeo being a clique -- a
North American, inwardly-focused, cabal-like group pursuing it's own
private agendas and projects.

** We now have 181 members from 38 countries responsible for electing the
Board and thereby indirectly setting the agenda of the Foundation. **

>From a diversity standpoint, I think we're in very good shape.

(aside: I'm not sure if Arnulf was counting the charter members'
nationalities or countries of residence; if one was to count both, we'd
probably be well into the 40s.)

-mpg