[OSGeo-Discuss] Buildbot resurrection ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Aug 21 10:56:11 PDT 2013

Does anyone miss the good old buildbot instance we had on osgeo
machines ? I remember it was an excellent tool for both GEOS
and PostGIS and so far we haven't been able to come up with
something as good as it used to be (tried Jenkins).

This mail is to ask if resurrecting the master instance is
something that has been considered, and to communicate my
willingness to help in this process.

It's a pity to waste the work done by Howard, Mateusz, Ari, Frank
and Tamas in the past, and all the information found on the wiki
about it !

So, is anyone else, beside me, interested in the resurrection ?

I'd love to use it for GEOS and PostGIS, any other thinks their
project would benefit from this ?

Please express your interest and availability for help on this
ticket I filed for the task:
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1214

Maybe FOSS4G could be a good place to sprint about it :)

--strk;