[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham archiving

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Thu Dec 5 10:20:01 PST 2013

The Cookbook,  Lessons Learned, and the recent 2013 summary have been  the most valuable for us.

The archive may have some value as a historical artifact, but that kind of higher level stuff is far more valuable. The day to day discussion threads simply do not matter.

And I'm with Steven, wikis suck as a project management tool. At best they're good as somewhat organized record of what was done (e.g. meeting notes). For actually getting work done, there are far better tools out there.

Darrell