[OSGeo-Discuss] pycsw Receives OGC Compliance Certification and Reference Implementation Status

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 04:33:13 PST 2013

On 01/15/2013 01:26 PM, Andrea Aime wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>wrote:

>> The pycsw development team is happy to announce that pycsw 1.4.0 is now
>> certified OGC Compliant for OGC CSW 2.0.2 [1], and passes all 103 CITE
>> tests.
>>
>> As well, pycsw is now an official OGC Reference Implementation. A
>> demonstration instance of the reference implementation is available at
>> http://demo.pycsw.org.
>>
> Congratulations :-)
>
> Wondering, what steps did you follow to have pycsw also become a reference
> implementation?
> I thought the RI where chosen only while developing the CITE tests for a
> particular standard, but the CSW 2.0.2 tests
> have been out for a while
>
> Cheers
> Andrea

Thank you Andrea :)

We contacted OGC about compliance testing and we followed the documented
procedures:
http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=49237

Regarding RI, I am not aware of such time limitation during CITE test
development.
On our side what we did was ask kindly to get a review of the project
and the source code in order to be considered for RI.
I do not know what internal processes of OGC were triggered from this,
but it seems we did well on our review.

Cheers,
Angelos

--