[OSGeo-Discuss] GFOSS related tutorials on handling File Formats in GLCF's web-page

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Tue Jan 15 07:09:33 PST 2013

Dear all,

in GLCF's web-page about File Formats [1], there are several tutorials
provided (see table on the bottom of the page) on handling these file formats
with various (mostly, if not all) proprietary tools.

I miss to see GFOSS-related tutorials (like GDAL, GRASS-GIS and, of course,
much more).  I've mailed them directly and asked if they will accept user-
submitted material. Will post here their reply.

Should you have some ready-to-use material, please be so kind and share it
(maybe at the ELOGeo platform [2]) or contact <glcf at umd.edu> directly.

Thank you, Nikos

---
[1] <http://glcf.umiacs.umd.edu/library/guide/fileformat.shtml>