[OSGeo-Discuss] Call for Papers for FOSS4G 2013 Academic Track

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Jan 27 08:03:20 PST 2013

Here's another thought for our "lessons learned" wiki:  For the next
FOSS4G event, the first step in the Academic submission process could be
an "extended abstract" due for something like Feb 1st.  How I am coming
up with that idea?  On this past Friday was a deadline for a "CoastGIS"
event, and all presentation abstracts were to follow an "extended"
abstract template (min 2 pages max 4 pages, including listing your
peer-reviewed sources); selected extended abstracts will be invited to
submit full papers.  Could this be the first step someday for a FOSS4G
Academic track?  I've leave that to the FOSS4G Academic leaders to
discuss (again I am not one of those leaders).

For the record here was the "extended" abstract template (sorry for the
M$ file, I have no relation to this event):
http://coinatlantic.ca/coastgis2013/docs/CoastGIS_2013_Extended_Abstract_Template.doc

Thanks for listening.

-jeff

--