[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo-Live Quickstart 48 hour Hackathon

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 03:21:45 PST 2013

Hi all,

Just in time for the OSGeoLive 6.5 hackathlon, we are now releasing the
final beta for this version.
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/6.5/osgeo-live-mini-6.5beta2.iso
http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/6.5beta2/osgeo-live-mini-6.5beta2.iso

Please join us tomorrow (in ~32 hours) and help us test your favorite
geospatial application.

Cheers,
Angelos

On 01/25/2013 01:15 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> We are organising an "OSGeo-Live Quickstart 48 hour hackathon", aimed
> squarely at bringing OSGeo-Live documentation quality up one notch, by
> putting the Quickstarts through the same comprehensive testing and
> review that we have provided for our Project Overviews. (Credit to
> Javi and the OSGeo-Live Spanish community for suggesting the initiative).
>
> The Hackathon will kick off with a one hour IRC meeting with everyone,
> followed by a 48 hour round the clock hangout, with people dropping in
> where appropriate for their timezone and work/family schedules.
>
> Pre Hackfest:
>
>  * Download our current stable OSGeo-Live release
>    from:http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/latest/
>
> Kickoff:
>
>  * Log onto:irc://irc.freenode.net#osgeolive
>  * Time:Thursday, 31 January 2013 at 19:30:00
> <http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2013&month=1&day=31&hour=19&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=224&p3=22&p4=240&p5=215>
>
>      o New York, USA: 2:30PM EST, Th 31 Jan
>      o San Francisco USA: 11:30AM PST, Th 31 Jan
>      o Sydney Australia: 6:30AM Fr 1 Feb
>      o Rome Italy: 8:30:00PM CET, Th 31 Jan
>
> Review process:
>
>  *
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#Quickstart_Review_Checklist
>
> Please let me know if you would like to join us, and I'll make sure to
> look out for you. Depending on numbers, we might also set up a Google
> Hangout.

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens