[OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeo-Standards] Live DVD and OGC standards

Baumann, Peter p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Mon Jul 8 14:55:26 PDT 2013

absolutely so! If you want to access data items as a whole piece, and the item fits through the pipe conveniently then I am fully on board. However, sometimes we want to get pieces that fit the pipe (and convenient for us to chew), and we want something to be done - my favorite example on remote sensing imagery is the vegetation index. Or even a histogram: my fav here is CSV, or JSON, or... but not to download a NetCDF file. So, as so often: it depends.

cheers,
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann- Professor of Computer Science, Jacobs University Bremen
  http://www.faculty.jacobs-university.de/pbaumann
  mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)