[OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination for Mark Leslie [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Wed Jul 17 19:13:58 PDT 2013

+1

Mark is a passionate advocate for OSGeo and FOSS4G.

He delivers a good course too ;-)

Bruce

From: Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com<mailto:cameron.shorter at gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, 18 July 2013 10:52 AM
To: Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com<mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>>
Cc: OSGeo Discussions <discuss at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:discuss at lists.osgeo.org>>
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination for Mark Leslie

I second Mark Leslie's Nomination.

Mark works along side me at LISAsoft. I can vouch for his depth of experience with regards to Geospatial Open Source (and OGC standards).

He was one of the major contributors to OSGeo-Live during the difficult early days when the project was starting out.

He played a major role coordinating FOSS4G 2009, in particular coordinating workshops.

He has run numerous training courses, in PostGIS and GeoServer in Australia.

And he has contributed to PostGIS, Geotools, UDig and GeoServer projects.