[OSGeo-Discuss] Harish Solanki as Charter member

Harish harry.om2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 23:56:48 PDT 2013

                              :I want to introduce myself for OSGeo
Community as Charter member Nominee:

Respected All,

I am Harish Kumar Solanki and I have been already working with OSGeo
products and providing trainings of OSGeo product (Mainly QGIS) and I want
to be more involved in promotion of FOSS4G. My name for charter membership
has already been nominated by Ravi Kumar, Hyderabad and supported by
Venkatesh Raghvan, Japan.

I have worked in the field of Watershed Management for 12 years in
Government, and for 5 years in the field of Geo-Informatics applications in
Watershed and other flagships of Ministry of Rural Development, Government
of India.

In 2009 I came to know the powers and developments of Open Source GIS and
OSGeo products, mainly QuantumGIS and GRASS and since then I am working
with Open Source GIS only.

I have conducted total 43 training programme in NIRD for Senior and Middle
level officers of Government, reputed NGOs and Public representatives, and
out of these programmes, till today 22 programmes were conducted on 'Use of
Open Source GIS in Watershed/MGNREGS/Forests etc. of 5-6 days duration,with
total *532 participants, 120 Training days and 2914 Training man
days.*These programmes were purely based on OSGeo product.

My profile can be viewed at;

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Harryom

with more details at;

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hksolanki

With the support of NIRD and OSGeo, my expectations for future are;

- Apart from continuing trainings at NIRD,  to conduct some
seminars/workshops for senior nodal officials of Government, on use of Open
Source GIS in various thematic areas of Rural Development Sector, with the
help of OSGeo-India and Professionals working in Open Source
GIS/Data/Standards field.

- To make NIRD Jaipur Center as a hub of professional short and long term
courses on Open Source OSGeo products of    Desktop/Web utilities, Open
Database (PostgreSQL) Management, GIS Applications/Customization using open
Languages like  Python, to provide a committed and competent cadre of Open
Source GIS experts for serving Government and Corporate sector in a cost
effective manner.

- To Translate GUI, Manuals and other related documents in Hindi and other
major languages of country.

- To providing Virtual training environment to the participants.

- Promote OSGeo and its activities in India.

With regards

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Ravi Kumar <ravivundavalli48 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Harish Solanki is one of the upcoming OSGeo evangelists.
> He has conducted several courses of Qgis at his institute dedicated to
> Rural Development.
> He has made the course material and the training was first of its kind in
> his organisation.
>
> GIS for the rural administration is what is most important in India.
> Voting for Harish Solanki can bring a dedicated FOSS GIS exponent into
> OSGeo's fold.
>
> Ravi Kumar

Harish Kumar Solanki, Assistant Professor
National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD),
Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India- Pin-302006
**
Geo_Coordinates (Office): 26.92162 N, 75.78921 E

Email- hksolanki at nird.gov.in, harry.om2000 at gmail.com,
Tele-Fax-0141-2209905, Mo.- 09214446732, 09414291732
Website-  http://www.nird.org.in,
http://watershed.rajasthan.gov.in/<http://www.nird.org.in>
LinkedIn: www.linkedIn.com/in/hksolanki
<http://www.nird.org.in>