[OSGeo-Discuss] Discussion about When for FOSS4G Code sprint in September

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 29 14:22:15 PDT 2013

Sorry for cross-posting ..

I'd like to start the discussion about the when the event takes place.
Right now the wiki page (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_Code_Sprint)
says Sunday, 22nd but I'm not sure whether is a good idea to have it at the
end of a fantastic week:
- I guess some will leave earlier (like myself on Saturday)
- GeoHack (http://2013.foss4g.org/geohack/) on 17th and 18th

I never had the chance in the past to join a code sprint, maybe there are
some unwritten rules (post sprint having a drink or something like that).

What do you think about moving the OSGeo code print to Friday to have the
chance after the sprint getting one ore more beers? Other pro would be the
chance to talk to each other on the next conference day after a cool down
in the night

Thoughts? Opinions?

Cheers,
Frank