[OSGeo-Discuss] Geoheritage

Tamara Colby tamara.colby at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 10:50:34 PDT 2013

Ravi,

This is a great idea. . Many historic resources are under attack in both
rural and urban areas, as land use planning and development continues to
discount historic resources.

I support your point below that Geo-tours can be a form of green  job
creation. I think that once way-points on tours are identified, multiple
points/sources of Geo-tourim revenue can benefit - guides, transportation,
lodging, and retail.

BTW I did a tour in Maui,Hawaii, that involved natural history, historic
sites, story telling, native food, star gazing, mythology etc. It was very
educational and unique.

I am going to be working on a historic and ecological area called the Bolsa
Chica Wetlands, in Huntington Beach, California.

Tamara Colby MCP

"Combine Geology, Archeology, Anthropology and even mythology together to
make tours. Train Geo-guides (a source of generation for employment).
Decorate a website with all notes and photos.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User_talk:Ravivundavalli#National_Workshop_and_Brainstorming_Session_on_Geoheritaze.2C_.27Need_for_Activism.27_30.2C31_May_2013

Best,

Tamara