[OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeo-Standards] "Geoservices REST API" story is being discussed on slashdot

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jun 6 07:10:32 PDT 2013

On 6 June 2013 14:45, Seven (aka Arnulf) <seven at arnulf.us> wrote:

> Brent,
> well said. I agree with all you say and I would have signed the letter
> - - if I had thought it necessary to stop the REST API from happening.
>
> On 06.06.2013 09:38, pcreso at pcreso.com wrote:
>> + 1/2
>>
>> I agree with much of Arnulf's commentary, and as an OSGEO member
>> who did sign the letter, my reasons were not primarily
>> philosophical or technical, but political. Heavy sigh :-)

The only grounds on which OSGeo should ever object an initiative
conducted by OGC are technical.
Signing petition for political reasons makes the community
no different to a corporation lobbying at OGC.

It makes us "OSGeo, der Politiker" and I stand against it,
so I have not signed the letter.

Best regards,