[OSGeo-Discuss] Case study 'Using Open GIS'

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Thu Jun 20 23:59:15 PDT 2013

Ravi,

"we are poked with nagging questions about real success stories and
implementation for Urban administration Urban planning etc"

In Australia, I keep finding resistance to implementation of fosGIS
solutions. The problems is not that the foss solutions are not able to
do the same thing as (if not better) the commercial alternatives, its
just that the clients perceive that there is less support and/or
documentation available.

This is of course rubbish but it is still, I believe, the main reason
why fosGIS is not utilized in Australia and in many other parts of the
world.

On 21/06/13 13:22, Ravi Kumar wrote:
> In spite of the fact that FOSS GIS has developed tremendously  in the
> last decade we are poked with nagging questions about real success
> stories and implementation for Urban administration Urban planning etc.
> To prepare for a lead lecture wish to identify resources. Please provide
> links and presentations etc to wave the OSGeo flag and community.

Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides