[OSGeo-Discuss] pycsw 1.6.0 released
gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:26:03 PDT 2013
The pycsw team announces the release of pycsw 1.6.0.
The 1.6.0 release brings numerous features, enhancements and fixes to the codebase, including:
* Nabble community forum now available via OSGeo at http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/pycsw-devel-f5055821.html
* fix broken connection in pycsw.admin.optimize_db
* native PostGIS geometry support
* new community section on website (http://pycsw.org/community.html)
* Web Accessible Folder (WAF) harvesting support
* added spatial ranking for spatial queries
* added lxml 3 support
* fixes for new OGC CITE tests
* added support for SOS 2.0.0 harvesting
* added support for SOS 1.0.0 harvesting
* added database specific unit tests
* added support for nested OGC Filter queries
* fixed ISO output/safeguarding extent elements
* fixed parameterization of OGC Filter queries
* fixed fulltext search to dump only XML element values
* added flexibility to pycsw.admin.setup_db to handle use cases from calling applications, like specifying extra columns, skipping SFSQL setup, etc.
* added support for ISO 19115-2 (gmi) harvesting
* FGDC, Atom, and DIF are now core supported outputschema formats, and do not need to be explicitly set in configuration
* added CIDR notation support for CSW transactions
* enhanced link support when harvesting OWS endpoints
* fix tighten Dublin Core writer when checking on dumping XML
* fixed harvesting logic for unsupported typenames
* fixed GetRecords typename handling to _not_ behave like a record filter, but as a query model
* harvesting support for RDF Dublin Core
* fixed Harvest operation parameter checks in HTTP GET mode
* added timeout flag to pycsw-admin.py post_xml command
* continuous integration testing (using travis-ci)
* modular Python logging capability
* paver implementation for developer tasks
The full list of enhancements and bug fixes is available at https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/issues?milestone=7&state=closed
This release also moves pycsw forward as an OSGeo project in incubation.
pycsw is an OGC CSW server implementation written in Python.
pycsw fully implements the OpenGIS Catalogue Service Implementation Specification [Catalogue Service for the Web]. Initial development started in 2010 (more formally announced in 2011). The project is certified OGC Compliant, and is an OGC Reference Implementation.
pycsw allows for the publishing and discovery of geospatial metadata. Existing repositories of geospatial metadata can also be exposed via OGC:CSW 2.0.2, providing a standards-based metadata and catalogue component of spatial data infrastructures.
pycsw is Open Source, released under an MIT license, and runs on all major platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X).
Source and binary downloads:
The source code is available at:
Testers and developers are welcome.
The pycsw developer team.
More information about the Discuss