[OSGeo-Discuss] Free Developer Slots at FOSS4G events: [was RE: FW: [Board] OSGeo Board Priorities]

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Thu Mar 7 01:23:54 PST 2013

Scrive Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> Il 05/03/2013 00:51, Frank Warmerdam ha scritto:
>
> > Possibly a scheme were each formal OSGeo project could nominate two
> > or three contributors to attend at the student rate?
>
> sounds good.
> thanks.

So how many lower-rate slots would that require? We've got 17 official projects
and 7 incubating projects according to the home page summary. With this year's
rates (full 350 £, student 240 £) and only 2 developers per project it could
account for a difference up to 110 £ * 48 = 5280 £. Not terrible after all.

I felt like doing some maths this morning :-)

--
Stefano Costa
http://www.iosa.it/ Open Archaeology