[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source Geospatial Atlas

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Mar 18 16:40:36 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Robert Szczepanek
<robert at szczepanek.pl> wrote:
> Hi Barry and others,
>
> Is Open Source Geospatial Atlas idea still alive?
> I hope so.
> Just to remind this good idea ...

 There were opinions that a printed atlas wouldn't be a worthwhile
project due to quality, cost, effort and 'print is dead we're doing
all our maps on the interwebs now' considerations.

 There should be a map exhibition at FOSS4G2013 in September, which
will include mostly online map projects and some kind of video wall of
mapping goodness. I've left the curation of this to other rmembers of
the conference team.

Barey