[OSGeo-Discuss] Need some advice on "how to start contributing to osgeo"

Deshdeep deshdeeptherock at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 03:44:51 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to opensource group and don't have any prior experience in
opensource project. I don't know from where to start my contribution. I
came to know about this organisation while searching for accepted projects
in G-soc 2012 for topic image processing. I am interested in field of image
processing and data mining. I have good knowledge of "c" programming
language and few other languages too. I am final year computer science
major student and currently working on a project related to image
processing. If anyone of you think my knowledge and field of interest
matches your current project then advise me how to contribute to your
project. I would be happy to volunteer.