[OSGeo-Discuss] Inviting regional FOSS4G enthusiasts into the OSGeo Conference Committee

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Wed May 29 06:57:54 PDT 2013

Hey Cameron,

As indicated by Jeff, I am recovering after last week's North America event
(which went awesome -- I'll provide a wrap up and final financial statement
to the board once we close all the books out) but would certainly be
willing to make sure our lessons learned get baked into the cookbook and
would be willing to work with the conference committee to make sure we
collaborate on the booming network of FOSS4G events.

David

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com>wrote:

> Jeff McKenna prodded me to invite someone involved in regional FOSS4G
> event into the OSGeo Conference Committee, and I'd like to extend that
> invitation to other regional events around the world.
>
> I see our topical question at the moment is working out how to collate our
> collective knowledge to support future foss4g initiatives, which we can
> collectively weave into a FOSS4G Cookbook [1].
>
> So if you are interested in FOSS4G regional and global events, please say
> hello on our conference email list [2] ("alive and listening from XXXX
> region").
>
> We can then update our current member list [3]
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/**FOSS4G_Cookbook<http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Cookbook>
> [3] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/**Conference_Committee#Current_**Members<http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members>
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter