[OSGeo-Discuss] First meeting of ICA-OSGeo Lab Network

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Thu May 2 06:31:38 PDT 2013

Phill Davis will be there giving a presentation about FOSS4G academy so I
am sure he will include info about the labs and Charlie might have
submitted an abstract about the labs but it might not have been accepted?

Helena

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Jeff McKenna
<jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Actually I did mention this network in an email to the FOSS4G-NA local
> committee list earlier, suggesting it as a great topic for a panel (I
> had no response).
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2013-05-02 10:21 AM, David Fawcett wrote:
> > Jeff,
> >
> > When I saw this email, I had an idea.  Is there anyone involved with
> > this project that would be interested in giving a lightning talk about
> > the lab network at FOSS4G NA?
> >
> > We still have room for a few more talks and this would give the network
> > a great opportunity to introduce the project and tell people what they
> > are doing.
> >
> > David.
> >
> > On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Jeff McKenna
> > <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com <mailto:jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >     Quick note that in ~1.5 hours from now we will have a virtual
> meeting to
> >     kickoff the wonderful ICA-OSGeo Lab Network.  Meeting details:
> >
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/ICA-OSGeo-Labs-Telemeeting-Agenda-2-May-2013-td5050604.html
> >
> >     Don't forget to join the mailing list if you are interested in
> joining
> >     this educational network of Open Source labs:
> >

> >     -jeff

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208