[OSGeo-Discuss] Starting build cycle for OSGeo-Live 7.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed May 15 22:07:13 PDT 2013

We are starting the build cycle for the 7.0 OSGeo-Live
<http://live.osgeo.org/> DVD/USB/VM which will be released in September
2013, ready for the global FOSS4G conference in Nottingham, UK
<http://2013.foss4g.org/>. We would like to hear from anyone wishing to
add new projects to the live DVD, anyone wishing to extend or add extra
translations, or anyone who has ideas on how we should shape the
upcoming release.

Also, could all projects please reply to us with which stable version of
their software should be included in this release.

    Key Milestones

    17 Jun 2013 All new applications installed, most old applications
    updated
    15 Jul 2013 Feature Freeze (all apps updated)
    05 Aug 2013 User Acceptance Test (all apps installed and working)
    26 Aug 2013 Final ISO sent to printers

... full schedule
<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB>

    OSGeoLive 7.0-alpha1 released

We have released the first alpha version of OSGeo-Live, which includes
an update from Xubuntu 12.04 to 12.04.2 along with updated versions of
applications from UbuntuGIS repository. Feel free to start testing your
applications in the latest release. Download Alpha 1
<http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/7.0/>

    About OSGeo-Live

The OSGeo Live demo DVD/VM/USB is an Xubuntu <http://xubuntu.org/> based
distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live
DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use it to try a wide variety of
open source geospatial software without installing anything.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally