[OSGeo-Discuss] OGC liaison memberships

Adrian Custer acuster at gmail.com
Thu May 30 11:35:35 PDT 2013

On 5/30/13 2:54 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> According to http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OGC_membership we have open slots.
>   It seems that Arnulf and Michael can authorize it.  There are some fairly
> restrictive conditions on OGC individual memberships which is what this is.
>   You should confirm you are going to fit.
>
>    http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/join/level/individual

Indeed that is my current status: the 'you can do all the work but can't
vote' level of membership.

> It isn't clear that these memberships imply you exactly speak for OSGeo
> though you can certainly give your affiliation as OSGeo.

Right. I could only 'speak for OSGeo' on any particular topic when,
after discussion, OSGeo has formulated one, or probably several,
positions on any issues. In general I would speak as 'one of the horde
of free software actors'.

> It would be wonderful to use this mechanism to give you standing at OGC as
> I know you will make good use of it.

Thanks.

> Best regards,
> Frank