[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source Road Safety Software

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 05:16:35 PST 2013

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:46:41 +0000
<Simon.Tremblay at cspq.gouv.qc.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently looking for an open source software that can do road
> safety analysis, something described like that private software:
> http://www.tes.ca/road_safety_software.html.
>
> It is very specialized but maybe someone can help me looking in the
> right direction.

Hello Simon,

I think it is possible to write an open source equivalent of this
software, using e.g. PostGIS or SpatiaLite functionalities. But this is
only half of the task.

In my experience, the most difficult part will be the collection of
traffic and incident data. I have no experience with this, but maybe
someone on the list can give a more informed answer.

> Thank you,
>
> Simon

Kind regards,

Anne