[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Election Results 2013

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Sat Sep 7 09:50:59 PDT 2013

Dear OSGeo Members,
the election 2013 has been completed and we are happy to announce the
new board of directors [1].

Here are the final results from the voting for the open seats of the
OSGeo Board of Directors. There were four seats open and they have been
filled by (no particular order):
* Jáchym Čepický
* Jorge Sanz
* Bart van den Eijnden
* Gérald Fenoy

Thanks to all candidates for going through the elections and exposing
themselves. All six candidates received excellent support with more
then 60 votes each. Overall voting participation was 71% (128 out of
180) and there were no tie scores to arbitrate. Thank you to all who
voted!

Your complete resulting Board is:
* Anne Ghisla
* Bart van den Eijnden
* Cameron Shorter
* Daniel Morissette
* Frank Warmerdam
* Gérald Fenoy
* Jáchym Čepický
* Jeff McKenna
* Jorge Sanz

With the election results published the new board of directors becomes
effective as of now.

Congratulations and please welcome the new and and re-elected OSGeo
directors!

We wish to thank the outgoing directors for their continued support of
OSGeo and for helping to run a fantastic organizations. We thank all
candidates who stood in this election and all OSGeo Charter Members
for their contribution and votes.

Best regards,
Michael, Jakob and Arnulf

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2013_Results