[OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeo-Edu] Maps and the Geospatial Revolution from Jul 17th 2013 at Coursera

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sun Sep 8 12:16:51 PDT 2013

Sorry Anthony, OSGeo edu folks - my bad. That email from Suchith was held
up in the Mailman system and it was posted last week. I just approved the
post without noticing that it was mentioning the telemeeting that took
place a few days ago.

In short, there IS NOT a telemeeting tomorrow.

Charlie Schweik

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:18 AM, Suchith Anand <
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Anthony,****
>
> ** **
>
> It was good to meet you briefly at ICC 2013 in Dresden last week  and i
> hope i was able to provide basic information on ELOGeo and ICA-OSGeo Lab
> education initiatives. ****
>
> ** **
>
> It will be very helpful, if you can share your ideas and experiences to
> OSGeo Edu community so we can think of ideas for MOOC program entirely
> using OSGeo Software for the future. We also have an rapidly expanding
> ICA-OSGeo Lab Network. Details at
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives     (we are now
> working to setup a new portal)  and we hope you join the lab network.****
>
> ** **
>
> We have monthly telemeetings which are open to all interested and  you are
> welcome to join. For example, our next telemeeting is tomorrow at 18:00
> UTC. Agenda at
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ICA_OSGeo_Lab_Network_2013-09-05  ****
>
> ** **
>
> We look forward to work with you on the education initiatives.****
>
> ** **
>
> Best wishes,****
>
> ** **
>
> Suchith****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

Charlie Schweik

Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Department of Environmental Conservation - http://eco.umass.edu
Center for Public Policy and Administration - http://masspolicy.org
Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government - http://ncdg.org
Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012)
- see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545
Outsmart Invasive Species project: http://masswoods.net/outsmart