[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Election Results 2013

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Sep 9 08:22:17 PDT 2013

Thank you Michael, Jakob and Arnulf for this wonderful news!

Congratulations to the new Board members: Bart, Jorge, Gérald, and
Jáchym.  Of course there is some hard work ahead, as Arnulf (OSGeo
Emeritus) has noted, regarding policy/procedure updates, but I am
excited to work with the new Board through the upcoming year!

A special thank you to Ian Edwards and Mike Smith for their continued
dedication to the Foundation.  Thank you.

And thank you to the outgoing Board members: Mike Gerlek, Peter Batty,
and Mark Lucas, truly top-notch professionals, vocal community
leaders, and I have learned so much from each one of you over the
years.   Thank you.  Thank you.  The whole community, thanks you.

We now have Board members living in many parts of the world: Germany,
Australia, Czech Republic, Spain, Netherlands, France, USA, and
Canada.  And our charter membership is made up of members from 37
different countries.  Together we all work hard to promote Open Source
geospatial all around the globe, every day.

This news puts a smile on my face.

Let's all continue to keep sharing our passion.  To steal a word from
my good friend and leader Venka, we are all FOSS4G heroes.

-jeff
OSGeo President