[OSGeo-Discuss] Mapbuilder still working - maintenance release 1.5.1

Bernhard Kiselka bernhard.kiselka at prisma-solutions.at
Sat Apr 5 03:45:20 PDT 2014

Hi OSGeo-Community!

As I talked to Daniel Morissette at the FOSSGIS about the Mapbuilder project [1] being a founding project of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation, I asked him if anyone is still using Mapbuilder? He told me to ask the list.

Although Mapbuilder is a retired project I maintained the support for new browsers (webkit, up to IE11) and I would say Mapbuilder now supports all browsers.
All these changes are available as a maintenance release 1.5.1 - so Mapbuilder is retired but not dead / still working.
So you can carry on using your old stuff and don't have to throw it away, despite new applications should be started with a new technology.

What I really would like to know: is Mapbuilder still in use or am I the only one using it anymore?

Code [2] and Documentation [3] are still active.

See the Maintenance release 1.5.1 on the download page [4] and details about the release [5] [6] [7].

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/mapbuilder
[2] http://svn.codehaus.org/mapbuilder
[3] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Home

[4] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Downloads