[OSGeo-Discuss] [location-iwg] 2015 North American conference

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Mon Apr 7 10:57:49 PDT 2014

Alex,

As a goal to differentiate different bids I 100% agree.

Sadly, fact of the matter is that nobody else has expressed any interest.
Sometimes it takes the prodding of someone else stepping up to spur on a
group to come together. Barring that, we are already one year from the
ideal target dates for an NA event. This is already pushing the envelope
for planning an event like this.

I think given the rational for the density of Feds and the halo effect that
has in DC that 2015 would actually be a prime year to bring this back to DC
having had the 2014 Global Event in Portland and the 2013 Event in
Minneapolis. I think there is enough specific pull to DC that every third
year is not too much. I would like to see this event reach Mexico/Canada as
well and it might be good to start trying to groom a city (or cities) to
try to explore a 2016 bid now.

David

David William Bitner
dbSpatial LLC