[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: [SAC] Upgrade Planning 2014 - Project Feedback

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Apr 21 11:11:39 PDT 2014

Please add the idea of paid SAC time to the wiki page.

I did contemplate this after the last board meeting where it was
mentioned. A few ideas,
* Stipend for up to a set limit of hours per month,
** Hours maybe approved by the committee before working
* Earning points towards things like Foss4g discounts
* Out-sourcing some tasks (we need a good list of reputable people to
use - this was tried on Drupal upgrades for the main site and has thus
far failed)
* Special sponsor role if a sponsor volunteers person time instead of $?

I too am curious about what other foundation's due short of just hiring
staff.

This also came up recently, apparently the OGC is relying on us to keep
standards examples online and running all the time. If we're going to
play that role, seems like a line of funding to pursue.

Thanks,
Alex