[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Google Summer of Code: 23 accepted students for 2014

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:13:26 PDT 2014

Hello all, and sorry for cross posting,

let us warmly welcome the 23 accepted students and their mentors for
this round of GSoC!

We received over 60 proposals from a variety of geospatial projects -
choosing wich ones to accept has been a difficult task, and we apologise
for not being able to take all the outstanding ones.

We accepted the following students (in software's alphabetical order):
* Cartaro: Naveen Panwar
* GDAL/OGR: Varun Saraf and Mikhail Gusev
* GeoNode: Vikas Mishra
* GRASS GIS: Vaclav Petras, Matej Krejci and Anna Petrasova
* gvSIG: Manuel Madrid and Oscar Martinez
* istSOS: Priska Pietra
* MapServer: Jessica Lapointe
* Neo4j: William Lyon
* Opticks: Roberta Ravanelli
* OpenStreetMap: Lukasz Gurdek
* OSSIM: Martina Di Rita
* Orfeo Toolbox (OTB): Martina Porfiri
* PostGIS: Mohit Kumar
* pgRouting: Manikanta Kondeti and Mukul Priya
* pyWPS: Anna Homolka
* Software packaging: Jerome Villeneuve Larouche
* QGIS: Nishith Maheshwari
* uDig/GeoTools: Silvia Franceschi

This list includes OSGeo projects (official and incubating) and
like-minded projects - let GSoC be a "gathering of tribes", an occasion
to improve communication among all geospatial open source initiatives.

See the full list of OSGeo accepted proposals here:
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/osgeo

We wish all students and mentors a great summer!

Anne, Hamish and Dustan
OSGeo GSoC Admins