[OSGeo-Discuss] Local Chapter Guidance

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Apr 23 04:16:01 PDT 2014

All of your initial thoughts are correct Phil, follow MPG's advice and
get something going: informal, wiki page (copy another chapter's
structure), and mailing list (file a ticket on Trac), and start meeting
once a month after work.

I do see formal Chapters in OSGeo (I notice the Japan chapter just had a
call for renewing their paid memberships), but it is really up to you
and your local community, how formal you want to get.

Most important: get together and share and have fun! :)

-jeff