[OSGeo-Discuss] Local Chapter Guidance

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 23 06:44:30 PDT 2014

> Thanks for the feedback Jeff.  Like I told MPG, there seem to be alot of
> people here interested in areas that align with OSGeo's mission and beyond
> and it would just be nice to have informal meetings offline and aside from
> work, so that's how I'll approach it.  Thanks again for your input!

Everything important is already said but maybe you can enjoy this talk I
did last year at FOSS4G Buenos Aires about OSGeo Spanish LC and the
Geoinquietos spread (kind of small city LCs). The slides are in Spanish but
Google Translate does a good enough job.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjsanz.github.io%2Fslides-201304-foss4gba%2Fgeoinquietos%2F

By the way, just as a side note, here in Valencia we did a full year of
geobeers before starting to meet on a more serious place (University, no
beer allowed).

Good luck!!

--
Jorge Sanz