[OSGeo-Discuss] Anyone openly georeferencing maps and pictures in time?

Pat Tressel ptressel at myuw.net
Fri Aug 1 22:56:33 PDT 2014

Eli --

I've added one comment and link to Pat's excellent response.

Except I forgot to include any of the HOT links (sorry, could not resist).

Here's the HOT mailing list:
Here's a "why" doc for OpenAerialMap (and a cautionary tale -- always
spell-check your URLs):
http://www.humanitarianinnovation.org/blog/HOT/why-Open-Ariel-Map
Here's a log of the revival meeting on irc.oftc.net #hot.  (There was at
least one follow up meeting in a later log.)
http://logs.sahanafoundation.org/hotosm/2014-07-09.txt

 > http://opendronemap.github.io/odm/
> > http://dronemapper.com/  (commercial image processing service)
> > http://flightriot.com/
> > http://ccwu.me/vsfm/
>
> Some of the Structure From Motion stuff might play a role in some of
> this.  Here is a link on for one such project,
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~snavely/bundler/

Right! -- that link http://ccwu.me/vsfm/ was to VisualSFM -- work by
Changchang Wu et al.  Video is a huge advantage over isolated images.  (I
just came across a paper that compared Bundler and other SFM work, but it's
behind a journal paywall, and I haven't read it yet.)

-- Pat