[OSGeo-Discuss] Inquiry

S.A. Mouti moutia at outlook.com
Sat Aug 2 10:55:02 PDT 2014

Thank you Barend and I look forward to hearing Sander¹s views.

I think another way I imagine this would be possible is through using high
resolution elevation data (1 meter or better). In this case, a scanning
algorithm to identify buildings contours and rooftop would do the trick
quite accurately. The rest is integrating the Google sun tool and matching
the elevation data to any map provider to get addressesŠ I know it¹s doable.
I just don¹t have the technical capabilities to do it. Again, this is my
non-expert opinion and there might be some technical or other limitations
that I am not aware of. Hence my reach out.

Kindest regards,
Sid