[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2014] Nomination for Ionuț Iosifescu

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 03:00:26 PDT 2014

I would like to second Ionuț Iosifescu's nomination. Ionut's has been activily contributing to OSGeo's education and research by setting up the Open Source Geospatial Laboratory at ETH Zurich and promoting OSGeo education efforts in Europe.

We need more educators and academics like Ionut as charter members of OSGeo. Though they might be not be very visible  , they provide the greatest service for our community through their dedication and efforts in educating the new generation with the FOSS4G knowledge and to take us to new heights for the future with their long term focus in education.

I had the opportunity to meet and discuss ideas with Ionut in ICC 2013 in Dresden and earlier this year at GWF 2014 in Geneva and  I have been impressed with his work and contributions to our education efforts.  I believe Ionut will be a valuable OSGeo charter member.

Suchith