[OSGeo-Discuss] Newbie,Contribute through GSOC Program
mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 05:28:43 PST 2014
It is totally upto you to decide which OSGeo project to work. There are
plenty of opportunity in every project. Here are some pointers.
1. Start by checking out (not download) source from the project repository
2. build it own your own. There is always a howto build for every project.
3. Read the project documentation and try some tutorials
4. Try to write a simple hello osgeo project application using the API
5. Prepare an idea rather than a gsoc proposal( you should start working on
idea to proposal when gosc program gets announced) as early as possible
As you are from IIIT-H and was interested to work on OSGeo project you
should talk with prof. Rajan of LSI lab and other students in the lab
participated in GSoC in past years. There were participation since 2011
On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Jayesh Lahori <
jayesh.lahori.11.8.92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is Jayesh Lahori, I'm a 3rd year Computer Science Student at
> International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (India) .I'm
> interested in contributing to Open Source Projects of osGeo as a part of
> GSOC'14 , Any pointers on how should I go about it?
> I had also put up this mail on soc mailing list, but thought more people
> could help me here, so putting it up here,
> My Technical skill-set:
> , MySQL).*
> *OS: GNU/Linux*
> Jayesh Lahori
> Discuss mailing list
> Discuss at lists.osgeo.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss