[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source Users Charter

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 06:23:03 PDT 2014

A couple of months back I asked whether their was any contribution guidance that we offered to organisations using OSGeo software. Apart from Jody’s reply there wasn’t any response. I think we are missing an opportunity to encourage and help user organisations to contribute time and/or funding to OSGeo and it’s projects, so I have written this blog post http://knowwhereconsulting.co.uk/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-free-lunch/ which sets out some thoughts on "Good practice for organisations using OSGeo software”. Hopefully it will prompt some discussion.
I have posted on my blog as I didn’t feel that I should post something as speculative as this on the wiki without community endorsement, whenever people want we can move a version to the wiki. Feel free to comment on this mail thread or on the blog.
Steven Feldman