[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] Open Source Users Charter

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Jul 15 01:30:54 PDT 2014

Selon Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com>:

> Daniel
>
> If we get to a version that the community broadly supports can it go on the
> OSGeo wiki? I thought anyone could (just about) could post on the wiki and
> others can amend or even delete.
>
> Does the appearance of something on the wiki mean that it is official OSGeo
> policy? If so what is the process for making such policy, a board vote?
>
> I hope that my post gets enough feedback to indicate whether there is
> community interest in the idea

Perhaps put a visible text at the top of the page stating that the document is
under discussion and not yet an official OSGeo policy should be sufficient ?

I agree with Cameron that your text covers well the "how to be a good Open
Source users", and perhaps the "why", that is addressed by the "Good practice
for organisations using OSGeo software" paragraph, could be more expanded, but
that's not easy. But I think that OSGeo is not fundamentaly different from other
open source organizations, so perhaps we could reuse good ideas found elsewhere
?

Even