[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2014] Nomination for Johan Van de Wauw

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Tue Jul 22 14:57:38 PDT 2014

I want to support also the nomination of Johan.

I met Johan already a couple of times on FOSS4G and other open source
conferences.
He was one of the speakers at the OSGeoGhent organized last year [1],
and helped organizing FOSSDEM in Brussels to guard a booth)

I had the intention to nominate him, but Jeff was faster with the
nomination.
Wondering where Jeff finds so much time for the organisation :-)

Dirk
[1] http://www.geomajas.org/osgeogent2013

On 22-07-14 14:40, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com
> <mailto:a.ghisla at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:15:48 +0900
>     Venkatesh Raghavan <raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
>     <mailto:raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp>> wrote:
>
>     > On 2014/07/22 4:19, Jorge Sanz wrote:
>     > > Nomination of Johan van de Wauw by Jeff McKenna.
>     > I second Johan's nomination
>
>     +1 for me for Johan's nomination, I had the pleasure to share FOSDEM
>     2014 booth with him and have appreciated his proactivity on spreading
>     the open geospatial word, both there and online.
>

> Same here! I met him in the same occasion and this nomination is well
> deserved!!
>
> cheers,
> madi
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Dr. Margherita DI LEO
> Scientific / technical project officer
>
> European Commission - DG JRC
> Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES)
> Via Fermi, 2749
> I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261
>
> Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
> margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu
> <mailto:margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu>
>
> Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
> not in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of
> the European Commission.

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO