[OSGeo-Discuss] Gender bias in nominations

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 08:59:54 PDT 2014

right...I said "for instance" to identify a "population" - does OSGEO have
a feel -or even better a number- of the gender proportion in the "OSGEO
population?

in the 2007-2010 times for GFOSS.it we used to ask about gender (or rather:
it was easier to detect the information for members of the Italian
chapter), and we used to present these statistics in events etc. so as to
give different angles on our communitiy, together with age ranges, and
other simple "census parameters", and this type of view was appreciated.

Not sure if this practice is still going on...

I was just considering that if we don't know what it the actual gender
proportion in the whole OSGEO community, the gender proportion in
nominations for Charter members may be interpreted more subjectively.

ciao

andrea
http://www.pibinko.org