[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter member nomination- Luciene Delazari

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 12:11:46 PDT 2014

It is my great pleasure to nominate  Dr Luciene Delzari (Federal University of Parana, Brazil) for OSGeo charter membership.

Dr Luciene Delazari is assistant professor in Cartography and GIS at the Federal University of Parana, Brazil. Over the years Luciene taught many courses in Cartography and GIS, both at undergraduate and graduate level. She gave guest lectures, tutorials and courses at universities and conferences in many cities around Brazil. She is leading Cartography and GIS research at Geodetic Science Program and published over 20 journal papers in this field. Her research interests and publications are in cartographic visualisation, interface design for cartographic products and automated cartographic design.  Luciene is the cochair of the Geospatial IG of the Research Data Alliance
https://rd-alliance.org/group/geospatial-ig.html   and also is coeditor for Special issue is on "Open Geospatial Science and Applications" of ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information.Her details are at http://people.ufpr.br/~luciene/site.htm

Luciene has provided us huge support in our education efforts esp in establishing Open Source Geospatial Labs in Brazil and now is actively helping and supporting colleagues in other universities in Brazil and across South America to start Open Source Geospatial Labs in their universities.

I also had the opportunity of working with her when she visited Nottingham University for a one year visiting research fellowship. During her time at Nottingham, she actively contributed to "Geo for All" initiative and also helped build many collaborations in Open GIS. She also is supervising a Google Summer of Code student in schematisation plugin for QGIS . Now back in her university in Brazil, i am sure she will further build more momentum for OSGeo's education activities there.

I believe Luciene Delzari will be an excellent OSGeo charter member and will help in further building up our global strength. Thanks.

SuchithThis message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.