[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposed process for selecting OSGeo charter members

Allan Doyle afdoyle at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 23 07:46:02 PDT 2014

+1 for dues. I would sign up.

On Jun 23, 2014, at 10:36 AM, Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at osgis.nl> wrote:
>
>> Good food for thought Howard, can’t say I disagree with anything you say here.
>>
>> The only thing we need to consider is that for some countries 50 or 70 USD can still be a lot of money
>
> Yes. Something equitable could be arrived at. Let the membership committee come up with the membership dues rules. I would assume there's student memberships, grants, etc.

GSDI bases membership dues on the gross national per capita income. They do this for organizations, but there's no reason not to do it for individuals. They use the World Bank data for this. See http://www.gsdi.org/fullmemshp for details.

	Allan