[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposed process for selecting OSGeo charter members

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:40:31 PDT 2014

> On Jun 23, 2014, at 6:08 PM, Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:
>
> Do you lose a significant benefit by not being a Charter Member? Just the ability to vote for the board and the ability to tout your exclusivity on a vita/resume. Anything else? Lack of membership does not prevent anyone from participating now, and we wouldn't want it to (unlike many other professional organizations).

I don't lose anything significant, which implies that everything significant I gain from OSGeo's community is unaffected by my membership. This is one of the reasons I don't attend foss4g anymore (actually, mainly because I can't afford to do so). I will still support all the community ideals and aspirations to the fullest possible.

In short, I consider this both my vote for membership dues and the concurrent renunciation of my membership as a result.

--
Puneet Kishor