[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] Proposed process for selecting OSGeo charter members

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sun Jun 29 14:07:38 PDT 2014

> 2. Charter members then vote (in/out) nominated charter members. This will
> be different to prior years, as we previously voted in a fixed number of
> members for a larger selection pool. (eg vote in 20 people from a list of
> 30). For this year, I propose we have a "Yes/No" vote. Ie, if we have a
> list of 30 candidates, we will ask all charter members to vote Yes or No
> against each candidate. Each candidate with greater than 50% of YES votes
> will be included as new charter members.

Well, I doubt some charter member would vote with "No" for candidates.
And what if you don't know a candidate well enough or not at all?

So I'm not sure this is really a good idea. I believe the result will just
be that all candidates will be accepted ... as in previous years.

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de